I watched Sound of Music the other night. *sigh* One of the best shows ever. I have this happy memory of coming home from school in Paris one day and my mom had made Miss Finny’s Apple Cake and sat us all down to watch Maria sing about the hills. (As an aside, I have no idea who Miss Finny was, but dang does she know good cake. Every time I watch this movie, I feel the need to make myself some.)
You know her song about her favorite things so she doesn’t feel so bad? It got me thinking about my favorite things. What would I list in a song if I could? And so, if you’ll indulge me, here are a few of my favorite things:
- Waking up to the sound of birds singing
- Eating ice cream. Or a delicious meal. Or a nice snack. Or just about anything, really.
- Going hot-tubbing, particularly when it’s cold out (cuz you know, it gets sooo cold here)
- Chopping vegetables
- Running to the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack so I can pretend I’m running for my life, away from the pirates. Or that I am the pirate and I’m running to plunder a town.
- Making Terry laugh.
- Warm, sunny days
- Going to a farmer’s market and sampling all the yummy berries and fruit
- Dressing in costumes
- Reading for hours at a time, snuggled on the same couch I snuggled into all through my teenage years
- Having fresh flowers in my house
- Getting comments on my blog
I get the feeling that Maria’s favorite things make her sounds so much more . . . like a lady. Mine make me sound more . . . hungry? Relaxed? What do you think? Anyone wanna take a stab at turning these into cutesy lyrics? Hmm?
Tell me some of your favorite things! What makes you smile? (Is it leaving comments on my blog? Come on, we all know that’s everyone’s favorite thing to do . . . )